Friday, February 22, 2008

Published!!

I am so excited to announce that I officially am published! I co-authored a book chapter with my advisor, Peter Conrad entitled "Medicalization and Contestation" and the book itself entitled Contesting Illness: Processes and Practices is finally in print. It is really quite exciting to see that it actually happened. You can see my name in the list of authors on the book site on Amazon.

An article of mine was published last year in the Brandies Graduate Journal entitled "Internet Addiction: Emergent Medicalization of a Behavioral Disorder". There is actually an online PDF of the journal if you are interested in reading it- my paper is the first article in the journal. Still, exciting as these are, I still need to publish my own sole authored article in a major journal. My greatest dream though is having my own book which I hope will be a reality . . . once I finish my dissertation! I hope to have my name in print even more so stay tuned

5 comments:

Brekke said...

Congratulations! That's so amazing! What an accomplishment. I'm very excited for you.

Melanie said...

Wow!!! You go, girl! That's so exciting! To think, millions of people are going to be reading your name, probably wanting you to come guest lecture, and maybe even name a building on their campus after you! Well, maybe not quite yet, but you're on your way!!!

Anniina said...

congrats Cheryl!

Kim said...

Cheryl, what an exciting accomplishment! Congratulations.

Lisa said...

Wow! Congrats! Well deserved reward I am sure. :)