Friday, September 25, 2009

Cannery Row and Bubba Gump Shimp Co.

Following the aquarium, we walked around Cannery Row


and the waterfront in the afternoon

and then right before sunset- I love the pink sky tones (Again, thanks Dan for the photos!)

We then ate at the original location of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co in Monterey CA (I had no idea it started here). William has eaten there before but neither Dan nor I had and there was no wait to eat outside (although they did have heat lamps- gotta love Cali for that) so we decided to give it a go. I was very happy with the food- especially the Hush Pups, these fried cornbread nuggets with little pieces of shrimp and fish inside. SUPER good. And they have a unique method of serving them- in newspaper lined tin can. I also liked their fish and chips. I liked the thing that they have signs on the end of the table for you to indicate if you need waiter service saying "Run Forrest Run" and "Stop Forrest Stop."

And of course nothing no trip would be complete without a stop at the Ghiradelli Chocolate store so that we could have their fabulous ice cream sundaes (I did share with William since we had just eaten). It was a great end to the day- and holiday traffic wasn't bad either.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hahahahahahahahaha . . . the whole "Run Forrest Run" and "Stop Forrest Stop" tickles my funny bone. I will probably chuckle about that one on and off for the next few hours! :)