Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Simpsons


In honor of the Simpsons movie and its release back in July, several 7-Elevens throughout the country completely transformed themselves in to Kwik-e-marts, the store in the series. One of these happened to be in Mountain View, right across the street from William's work. Here is the exterior. They had a policeman outside the store, regulating how many people could be inside at one time. Fortunately, we walked right in but when we left, there was a big line.

Inside the store, they had these large plastic cutouts of the main characters- I have taken photos of Ralph- my favorite character of all time- and then of the "mmm. . sprinklicious" over the donuts. And then, the Squishees


I very happily was able to have my favorite flavor- pina coloda- in a Squishee- m mmmm . . . Squishee.


I noticed that the 7 Elevens in Boston and Salt Lake had Squishees, but were not as fully decked out as the Mountain View location. Sadly, when I drove by the Kwick-E-Mart the other day, it was back to the old 7-Eleven. It made me sad because I thought it was a fun change. As long as they still have my pina coloda kind, they can call it whatever they want!

And just for fun, I have thrown in this advertisement for the movie with my good friend and old roommate Sarah, grabbing the donut. I wish I could have seen the movie with her because we used to watch episodes of the Simpsons together- and give Ralph quotes "My cat's breath smells like cat food", "I want to graduate from Bovine University" and "Go banana go!" . And we also have a long standing tradition of BOTH (not just me) laughing hysterically at movies- the last one was Blades of Glory- quite a funny movie as well. I did enjoy the Simpsons movie and got quite a few laughs from it and it turned out better than I had anticipated.

No comments: