Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yesterday



"And I believe, in yesterday" that it was a such a great and amazing birthday! I got to spend the entire day with my husband which was one of the best gifts he could have given me, in addition to a new tennis racquet :-) I also received BEAUTIFUL flowers that my darling sister Cynthia sent to me- and flowers truly make the whole world better :-)

Unfortunately, and to my great disappointment, I left my camera at home! So there is no other of my documentation that exists, beyond just my recounting. Thus, here we go . . . .
William and I began our day spending some time at the Oakland temple- it was my first time going there and I really enjoyed the beautiful terrace gardens that they have, as well as the magnificent view of the city.

After battling some nasty traffic on the Bay Bridge, we finally made it into the city, just in time to visit the Matisse exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. It focused on Matisse's sculptures, which are ok, but in my opinion, not nearly as good as his paintings, but my favorite part was at the end when they had some of his cutouts. I LOVE his cutouts- Matisse said that he was "drawing with scissors" when he made them and they are really just beautiful and have such depth and dimension when viewing them in person. They even had his series entitled "Jazz". And the visit reminded me of our first date that was at a museum in Boston :-)

Next, we drove down to the Wharf where we had dinner at McCormick's and Kulato's, a delicious seafood restaurant. Not only was the food incredible- bay shrimp, crab, and artichoke dip, clam chowder, coconut shrimp (with such great sauce), and scallops- but we truly had THE BEST view in the house! The restaurant is on the 2nd floor and has an incredible view of the bay, Alcatraz, and the rest of the Wharf. It truly was so amazing- also reminiscent of the view from the Top of the Hub the night we became engaged.

Next, we walked around the wharf wearing William's extra white shirt- but in a new fashionable style- and saw a stunning sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge (of course without our camera!) and then back to Ghiradelli's for some incredibly decadent ice cream- with hot fudge and butterscotch. Yummy . . . . the perfect ending to an incredible birthday! I truly do love my life!

1 comment:

Brekke said...

Welcome to the blog-life! I'm addicted. Happy be-lated birthday! I was out of town or I'd have done more.