Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A "Jumper" Good Time!

Two Saturdays ago, I got together with two of my dear friends from Boston who live in the area- Jacosa and Laurel. Jacosa is the one in the red with the gorgeous curls and Laurel is the adorable pregnant one- I just hope that I look that cute when I'm pregnant. Laurel and I both live in Mountain View, though strangely not in the same ward (I thought that only happened in Utah) and so Jacosa was a saint enough to drive all the way down from Sacramento to meet us in Fremont for lunch at . . . THE CLAIM JUMPER. I really love this restaurant for several reasons: 1 . They have THE BEST garlic cheese bread. I really think that next time I am going to order a platter of it as a meal , 2. The DESSERTS. They have these GIANT desserts that you have to share- even for one with a sweet tooth like me. The one that we got this time was the Heath Bar Ice Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce. It was SOO GOOD! , 3. I also like that they take online reservations so that I can ensure a table (even if there wasn't a wait when we came), and finally 4. they have ROOT BEER barrels as their "mints". But, even better was spending time with these wonderful ladies. We had a great time catching up on the happenings of each of us with Laurel naming the baby "Jacob Douglas Hatch" (you have to do it Laurel since I wrote about it in the blog) and Jacosa , the amazing woman that she is, managing to juggle 3 jobs , school, AND a singing career. Dude, she has THE MOST AMAZING jazz voice- you should definitely listen to some of her stuff on her myspace page.
We DEFINITELY need to do this again- and next time it will be up in Sacramento so that Jacosa can show me around her turf! And maybe I can also here her sing!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

HA! claim jumper is one of my all time favorites from growing up. the portions are so insanely big. and wow, that dessert looks fantastic...