Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spamalot

One of my families favorite things to do is to go to Broadway musicals, especially since my sister Cynthia is actively involved with musical theater (she currently is in the musical "Miss Saigon"). And I have been a fan of the movie since I watched part of it in 10th grade history class. I also thought that William would enjoy this one as well. John O'Hurley was the star- he was Elaine's boss on Seinfeld and is the current host of Family Feud. This musical kind of reminded me of the Producers, in that it was able to poke fun at some of the traditional elements of musicals. For example, they have a song entitled "The Song That Goes Like This." Some of our favorite moments from the show- was "symbol", Will you please kneel- My name is Dennis, the holy grail hat dance, and remember to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life". Its a funny show that we both enjoyed with a very quick wit running thoughout, as well as a funny take on musical trademarks.

No comments: