Saturday, June 6, 2009

Walden Pond

Unfortunately for my parents and William's mom, Boston did not provide them with the best weather. It was cold, gray, and rainy for most of their visit, but the ironic thing is that literally, at 4:30 pm, the time they were flying out, the sun came out and it was beautiful.

On my very first trip to Boston with my dad back in 2002, he insisted that we visit Walden Pond so that, in his words, he "could see the place that inspired such a boring book." My mom had never seen it and also wanted to see this place. Here's my mom looking out the window of Thoreau's replica cabin, maybe contemplating nature like he would have.

My dad exiting the cabin to commune with nature like this Thoreau statue

My mom, William, my dad, and William's mom contemplating the beauty and serenity of Walden Pond . . . or maybe just how tough (or crazy) the one lone swimmer was with how cold it was.

I actually want to read Walden Pond now- so I'll let you know my thoughts and personal contemplations about it.

1 comment:

The Richardsons said...

Cheryl, You should retitle your blog "around the world with Cheryl and William" I swear there isn't a time I check your blog that you arent off visiting something amazing. Tell me what you think of Walden Pond, I've been wanting to read it lately.