Thursday, December 6, 2007

An Enchanted Evening


So, Lianne and I have been planning on seeing the movie Enchanted for awhile. We thought it looked really good but both of us were afraid to see it with our husbands due to the fear of them mocking it, and subsequently ruining the experience for us. (Caveat- William was willing to go and see it with me, but I chose to go just with Lianne cuz I knew she'd like it for sure). We had been planning on going on Thursday last week, but something came up at the last minute for Lianne, and fortunately, an event I thought I had for Wed. night got canceled at the last minute. Unable to wait another week, Lianne and I spontaneously decided to see the movie that evening. We hung up the phone and we drove out to the theater to meet each other. Lianne said that this last minute spontaneity reminded her of when we were at college at BYU and used to just rush off and do things without planning all the time, especially going to cheap $1 Movies 8. Spontaneity definitely gets harder when you have a little girl, so we are very thankful to Lianne's husband Adam for watching Clara for our little evening out.

I have to say that one of the new things that I love about movie theaters is the bulk candy section. So many times I would debate about which candy to buy, and I could never decide because I wanted both, so I wouldn't get anything. But, with the bulk candy, I can pick and choose multiple ones and in the quantities that I want. What a great addition because it truly makes your movie experience much better to have both Raisinettes and Peanut M&M's while you watch.

Lianne and I absolutely LOVED the movie. I am a HUGE fan of Disney musicals and I love that they could poke fun and exaggerate some of aspects of their films. There is this one scene where they are doing a musical number in Central Park and I was literally crying from laughing so hard! Even after we left, I was still laughing about that one to Lianne, and it makes me smile now just thinking about it. I also loved the music- its Alan Menken who wrote it- so you know its good since he did classics like Little Mermaid and my all time favorite Newsies. So I would definitely recommend it to women (and a few men) who love musicals and some classic romance. But, think twice about taking your husband or another friend who might just mock it, because one friend took her husband and she told me that he ruined the experience for her by continually leaning over with comments.

Thanks for an Enchanted evening Lianne!

1 comment:

Brekke said...

That one's on my list! I don't think Matt will go for it, though.