Thursday, December 6, 2007

Teasing and Taunting Me . . . .

Has been the Mrs. Fields Holiday Catalog! So, one of the previous tenants of our apartment must have frequented Mrs. Fields because, so far, and it's only Dec. 6th, we have received 5 catalogs! I could handle one, or even two, but it has been wearing me down seeing the delicious array of cookies and bar treats overflowing from the a Christmas basket. My favorites from the store are actually the giant cookies- the milk chocolate chip kind because it is so moist and delicious. I haven't broken down yet, mostly due to the fact that there are no aromas of the fresh baked cookies coming from the pages. If that were so, I would have broken down a long time ago. It is irresistible the smell of some foods- the smell of fresh hot pretzels walking through the mall, the aroma of Cinnabon is the worst. Especially at the airport. I can smell it from other terminals even. Microwave popcorn is another one that I have a hard time resisting. As well as fresh bread. I know that they have those smells continually going at their stores so that you will be lured into their store and craving the item since you can smell it. It's funny though that not all smells make me crave it. For instance, I love the smell of waffle bowls but I don't actually like to eat them with my ice cream- I'm a purist in that regard. But, it does make me want ice cream. I'm just glad that advertisers haven't found ways to insert aromas into their catalog, online, or tv products. I would be in big trouble if they did. At least for now, I will just have to keep enduring the calling of the cookies from the catalog pages, teasing and taunting me to eat one, because I'm sure that we will receive at least 5 more before Christmas.

No comments: