Monday, February 4, 2008

U2 in Dublin!!!

Alright, Alright. So, I did see U2 in Dublin, but let me clarify a little bit. I saw the U2-3D IMAX movie last Friday night with William in Dublin, California. Yes, there is a DUBLIN California that is about 45 minutes from where we live and one of 2 theaters in the area showing the film. William really isn't a U2 fan so I have to THANK HIM profusely for going with me to this. IT WAS AWESOME- the next best thing to being at a live concert. Basically, it is just a U2 concert with cool 3D effects like Bono reaching out his hand to stroke your face (Yeah, I melted). And then they also layer some of the footage so that you can see like both the Edge and Adam at the same time. It truly is exciting- and I got to notice some details like:

Larry had a glass next to him of a liquid that looked like beer :-) (So that's why he's such a great drummer!)
The Edge has an AWESOME sliver sparkly guitar
Adam and the Edge have an incredible number of different guitars
Bono is the only one who changes or wears different outfits at performances. They are mostly black based (sadly, no leather pants though) and he even has several different colored glasses too that he switches.

Their repertoire was great- they have had SO MANY great hits that there are so many songs they could have chosen. But, here's a list: Vertigo, New Years Day, Beautiful Day, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own, Love and Peace, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One, and for Encores- the FLY (I haven't heard this song live before since it was from Achtung Baby but it was great) and WITH OR WITHOUT YOU. I was getting really nervous that they wouldn't perform my favorite song of all time, but they saved the best for last- it was incredible. That song is honestly so magical- it just melts me. Oh- and during the credits they played Yahweh.

U2 is my favorite band of ALL TIME- they are all such true musicians who love to perform and each one of them is SO TALENTED. Just the best at what they do. And Bono truly is still so sexy. He really is a poet- the lyrics just resonate with my soul. What really hit me about the songs from this concert is that so many of them have political messages to them. That is probably my favorite thing about the band is that they truly use their fame to help CHANGE the world and make it a better place for EVERYONE to live. Rock on guys!

Here is a photo of me after the concert- just GLOWING from the experience. If you are at all a U2 fan, you do not want to miss out on this! And, while is still doesn't compare to the live experience, it is much cheaper and worth it.


1 comment:

Brekke said...

Your comment at the beginning is very misleading, and cruel to us Bono fans! I am DYING to see this movie!