Monday, June 16, 2008

Chalk Art Festival

I was in Utah last week and was fortunate enough to have a free afternoon to spend with some of my dearest Boston buddies who are currently living in Utah- Alan, Lyanna, Krissy, and Caranine. I have known Caranine since I moved to Boston since she was at Boston College as well and then I was roommates for summer 2006 with Lyanna and Krissy in the Spice House. During that summer, I watched the romance unfold between Lyanna and Alan and was their biggest champions. Happily, they got married last year and dear Krissy served a mission in Germany. It was just like old times to be able to catch up in a new area.
And the Beautiful Boston Babes

We met up at the Gateway downtown and had lunch at Skybox Grill and I had some SUPER good cheese fries and fry sauce. I love that in Utah they give you fry sauce with your meals. We then went and saw some INCREDIBLE chalk art. I amazed that they are able to make such wonderful portraits on the sidewalk. It was really hot- about 90 degrees- but at least it wasn't raining.

This was my FAVORITE and the one that I voted for as the winner.
And this was a great representation of one of my favorite all time paintings- Starry Starry Night by Van Gogh.
This one was added with beautiful sparkles and jewels
I loved the realism of this little girls face
Some of them worked from existing drawings- such as this one- I also really liked the color scheme
Even more beautiful than these works of art was the amazing company! I hope that we can do it again next month, this time with William there.

1 comment:

CS said...

such a great afternoon! i am so glad we could get together!!!!