Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Comforts of Home

I love going home to Utah mainly to see my family- they are so much fun. They always have me laughing and later filling William in on the stuff he missed. Besides the family, there are some other benefits to going to Utah. I made sure that I went to CAFE RIO once during my stay. That place seriously is SO GOOD. It is rare that I crave things other than sweets but I definitely CRAVE Cafe Rio. And this time was just as delicious so much so that I ate the entire salad! Normally, I have some left over but not this time- I had to enjoy every single bite. Needless to say that I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day but I definitely got my fill of their salad. I also went to ICEBERG and got my favorite grasshopper (mint and oreo) shake. These are REAL shakes (not frappes or milk with a little sugar). They are super thick, huge, and tasty. Since I wasn't able to go to the Scooper Bowl this year :-( , I made sure that I was able to at least have my giant shake. The other thing that I loved is that my parents have cable and so I stayed up until 2 am every night I was there to watch 2 episodes of my favorite all time show- MURDER SHE WROTE. Truly classic tv- I would stay up that late every night to watch them. Oh wait- I generally get fairly close to that anyways and we don't have cable. At least now it is a special treat for me when I go home :-) Also, my dad takes me to the grocery store and lets me buy some special things to eat while I am at home- anything that I want. And my puppy Spankie is always so happy to see me- she even stayed with me in our study one day while I did work. (However, that was only the first day- the other days she was off on her own since she is an independent woman). Finally, there is something about sleeping in the bed you grew up in. I have slept in that bed ever since I graduated from the crib. Like they say, "there's no place like home" so good thing I will be going back there two more times this summer . . .

1 comment:

Aaron said...

WTF Cheryl?! We live like one dang street north of Iceberg, and you didn't call me down to grab a shake!? I could have broken from my busy telecommuting-in-jammies schedule and gotten myself a Strawberry-Banana tallboy. Dang. I thought we was tight like that.upm