Tuesday, July 1, 2008

R.I.P. Lappy

So, after a fun-filled Saturday afternoon, our Saturday night was really tragic in that Lappy, my beloved laptop that I have had since I started my Brandeis doctoral program 4 years ago, died. Back in February, I had taken him in to get his power jack fixed and it was working quite well but it just stopped working on Saturday night. I went into panic mode and managed to get all of my updated research burned onto disc before he died. But, I have to say that Lappy is a fighter. Later that night, William was able by positioning him on the floor and placing the cord in just the right position that lappy could be charged. But, any slight move would make him turn off. Sadly, this means that while Lappy is still technically alive, there's no way that I can use him on a daily basis. Thus, we are placing him into retirement for emergency use only since we did manage to transfer the rest of my data- photos, music, and a few programs- onto my new laptop. I knew that lappy was a great laptop and this proves it that he was able to hang on long enough to make a complete transfer. Thanks for helping me make it through the past 4 years Lappy! And I will make sure that you stick around for a little while longer.


LAPPY
2004-2008

No comments: