Thursday, November 13, 2008

Forever Tango

I went and saw the show "Forever Tango" tonight in San Francisco. It was INCREDIBLE from start to finish. This show has been touring for like 14 years and was on Broadway. I went by myself because William wasn't interested enough to warrant the price of the ticket. I sat on the 3rd row off to the right hand side of the stage. It was a very intense, emotional performance. They interspersed the dancing numbers with the live orchestra numbers. The amazing thing is that the orchestra pieces were just as good and emotional as the Tango dances. They had two accordion players and I have never really been a big fan of them before, but these guys were incredible. And the violinist and pianist were so talented as well. There were a range of dances- a few that were comedic, some more angry, and then the more romantic ones. Each number was very powerful and well executed- I was impressed by all of the complex footwork because they are kicking their legs all around, yet never hitting their partner. It was truly an enjoyable and memorable event.

The only sad part is that parking near that area is a NIGHTMARE. I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find a space and finally gave up with 10 minutes before showtime and parked at a close parking garage where the price was RIDICULOUS- half of my ticket. I later found out that a few blocks farther down the street was a parking garage where they do validate at the theater- but it was too late. Still, the performance was worth it even with the added hassle and parking expense.

No comments: