Thursday, November 20, 2008

MAJOR Disappointment . . . but a little bright spot

As posted earlier, I am headed to San Diego on Tuesday to see one of my favorite performers- Celine. I have even been listening to her music all week as I worked out. I have seen her perform twice before and it has been AMAZING. So I was SO DISAPPOINTED, (DEVASTATED is probably a better word) when I found out that the concert had been CANCELED. Yes, you heard me- CANCELED. It turns out that Celine has been sick and is on vocal rest for a few weeks now and has canceled her shows in San Jose, Salt Lake, a few other places, and San Diego. I feel sorry for her that she has been sick and it is really a big deal when your vocal cords are inflamed- you definitely have to take care of them so that your voice isn't permanently damaged. My vocal performance major sister, Cynthia, knows this first hand and has had to be on vocal rest many a time. But, she still has her great voice. The redeeming thing is that Celine rescheduled her tour to San Jose to be on Feb 20th, but that's William's birthday. He is such a good husband that he told me he would let me go to the concert, on his birthday, if I bought him a video game. DONE DEAL. And I will make sure that we spend the rest of the weekend celebrating his birthday for my few hours at the concert. I thought that my trip down San Diego was going to be somewhat of a bust, because all of the cool attractions- like the zoo, legoland, wild animal park, etc- close at 5 pm or 6. BUT, me being the Internet travel adventure fanatic finder, stumbled upon a little gem of something to do in the evening. Its no where near as good as Celine, but it will be quite entertaining and very reminiscent of my elementary and junior high school days . . . . its the New Kids on the Block concert! Its performing that night at the arena right next to my sister Sarah's dorm. And they even still have cheap tickets left ($20). I admit that I had several of their music videos on VHS (though sadly they were donated to DI a few years ago) and so the three of us would watch, sing, and dance to their classic songs like "Hangin' Tough" and "Step by Step". It will be funny and interesting to do. I'm also going to try to fit in a few museums or other little events while there so that the trip isn't "wasted". So admidst my major disappointment lies a little bright spot of fun (hopefully :-)

1 comment:

Brekke said...

I have to admit: I'm a little jealous. Not because I have a school girl crush on Jordan anymore, but for nostalgia's sake. Hang Tough for me!