Saturday, November 8, 2008

God Bless America

What a great country where you can get this deliciousness for FREE just for doing your civic duty. YUM- thanks Krispy Kreme! Seriously though, after this past week, I am so grateful for this country. Last year, I had a voting fiasco where the DMV didn't register me when I received my drivers license and I found out when it was too late. We registered this year and then moved and changed our registration. However, I had done vote by mail, but unfortunately, they mailed my ballot to my old address. BUT, I could still vote on Tuesday at my local center. William waited in line at 6:40 and was 2nd at the place to vote when they opened at 7. I waited until 10:30 and then went with NO LINE. I was so impressed by the voter turnout and that so many people felt so passionately about the future of our country that they made the time to express it. I know that not everyone feels the same politically, but I hope that we can all unite over the fact that we love and care about our country. I have been reading the John Adams biography and have seen that political differences have existed since the beginning of our country. Yet, for the most part, they were able to coorporate enough to make it not paralyze them. After seeing this, I know that our country will be able to work through these differences.

No comments: