Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Carmel-by-the-Sea

We spent Saturday with our friends Ben and Bev exploring the California Coast. We began our journey in Carmel-by-the-sea, a charming coastal town. This was my first visit and I am sure that we will be gong back.

I love this map of the town

And these rustic buildings and cottages lining the main street.

Everything in the town was cute- even their public bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've been to.

Our favorite store was this bakery that specializes in these delicious pretzels. William savoring his. We shared a salt and then a Parmesan- they were good and quite hearty. I was full for the rest of the afternoon.
We loved how clever this bread crocodile is- along with the gummy shark in its mouth.

We then walked down to the beach- it was a cloudy day, but we were very happy that it wasn't raining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have too much fun! :)