Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged by several dear friends to do this on facebook and so I thought I'd post it again for those not a part of that social network. The purpose of the note is to write with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you

1. I'm a picky eater- I've gotten much better over the years but there are still some things I have issues with.
2. I love sweets, especially ice cream. I ate 18 scoops at the Scooper Bowl in Boston 2007
3. I haven't done the half-gallon ice cream challenge- I'm afraid that I might get sick and lose my love of ice cream.
4. I LOVE school. Yeah, I'm one of those few people who literally cried at the thought of missing school. I made my parents allow me to go.
5. I have perfect attendance K-12 and have only met like 2 other people who have ever had that- one of whom is my husband. I found this out on date two and knew that we were meant for each other.
6. That being said, I really had a tough time writing my dissertation. It just required so much mental energy to process 1,000 newspaper articles, plus medical and sociological journal articles.
7. I love to read, which was instilled by my parents who would buy us whatever book we wanted as long as we would read it.
8. I loved reading so much when I was a kid I used to bring a flashlight so that I could read in the car when it was dark to not waste a moment.
9. My favorite book when I was a kid was the Babysitters Club Super Special Number 1 where they went to Walt Disney World. I read that book so many times that it was falling apart. Ann M Martin, the author did a book signing in SLC and I went and took that book and had her sign it- it means so much to me.
10. I used to have these huge coke bottle glasses when I was in elementary school. I hated them so much that my mom let me get contacts when I was in 7th grade. I have NEVER worn my glasses out "in public" since then. I only wear them in the evenings when I take out my contacts to go to bed.
11. I love my wedding dress- I am dying to wear it again sometime. Why is it that we can only wear it once when it is the greatest dress
12. I had my dream wedding- it literally was the perfect day.
13. I actually like living in a 500 sq ft apartment- its enough room for us, prevents us from spending a lot of money to fill the space, and is less for me to clean.
14. I've ridden a camel in Morocco
15. I've been to Europe 8 times. I still need to go to Greece though . . .
16. I love London- "when a man is tired of London, he's tired of life"
17. I unofficially study art history- I love to appreciate art even though I can't create it
18. Vincent Van Gogh is my favorite artist- I made a pilgramidge to his museum in Amsterdam.
19. I love to eat out. However, its not as good to do take out and bring it home- it loses its presentation and also some of the flavor
20. I miss Boston . . . but not the bitterness. The weather here in the Bay area is unbelievable.
21. I'm finally going to make it through the entire Bible this year- I've read bits and pieces but never the whole thing. I'm in Deuteronomy right now
22. I'm lucky in that I love my family and my in-laws- they're all so great!
23. I have no idea what I'm going to do after I (hopefully) graduate this year.
24. U2 is my favorite band of all time- it was super fun to go to Ireland and visit the Clarence Hotel in Dublin
25. I love my life (especially since a dissertation draft is done), my family, and friends.

2 comments:

Ira and Claudia said...

I love your list. It was so much fun to read somethings that I'd never known about you. You're so right about the wedding dress. I've been thinking of wearing it and take pictures again. One of my friends did it after 7 years of being married.
So I will definitely read to my children. It does affect people's minds in a great way. I still remember attending your dissertation day at BYU, that was impressive. By the way I didn't know that you were now living in the Bay area. I bet you love it there too. Well I hope you keep making your dreams come true. I enjoy readind your posts. Thank you for sharing them

Danika said...

How funny, I knew Brent and I were meant to be when he showed me his closet and his clothes were arranged by color just like mine. I loved reading your list! I'm so happy to hear how happy you are!!!