Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had such a great Valentine's Day because we were able to spend the WHOLE day TOGETHER. We went to the temple and then to dinner at Buca Di Beppo. Restaurants in the Bay Area is crazy during Valentine's- most of the non-chain (and some chain) restaurants have these price-fix menus that are $80 a person!! William was willing to spend that much, but I felt that we could just try those restaurants on a different night when it wasn't quite so expensive. I chose Buca Di Beppo because 1. they took reservations, 2. good food (and no price fix), and 3. the real clencher of the deal- I had a $10 off coupon. William was slightly embarassed at the thought of using a coupon on Valentine's but it was my idea and I'd rather save it for another occasion. I definitely would not have done this if we were dating, but since we have many Valentine's to come, I thought it was perfectly ok to save a few dollars for another outing :-) I think it is hilarious that we used a coupon on Valentines. Fortunately, our waiter didn't say anything to us about it but it makes for a good story :-) We then later went and saw Coraline in 3D and we were able to get a big popcorn with the money that we saved :-)

No comments: