Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Sad Tale . . . . and THE ULTIMATE DEVASTATION!

of the loss of my new favorite Chinese restaurant here in Mountain View. As you may remember, after the car jumping incident, we decided to go to Pick Up Stix and I fell in love with the place. That, and they gave us free entree coupons. Last night, William said that we should go there, so I tried to call the number listed online and it said it had been disconnected! I was in such disbelief that I drove to the store to see that it actually was closed! With no explanation why and a sign on the door saying there are no other Pick Up Stix's in Northern California. I FINALLY find a good Chinese place, and it closes. Now, I'm back to just P.F. Chang's because I'm scared to try other places since we have had some bad ones in Mtn. View (particularly on Castro St). The only restaurant there we like is Shabu Way (written about earlier) and the desserts at Xahn. What a TOTAL BUMMER! And I have no idea why it closed- it was super packed the night we went. We still have yet to find a place equivalent to Not Your Average Joe's in Watertown. We literally ate here once or twice a week- they have the best bread and cheesy oil (which we do recreate ourselves but its not quite as good) and then the Steak and Cheese Pizza is to die for. The quest continues for the CA replacement, especially to the loss of Pick Up Stix. And here is something that is THE ULTIMATE DEVASTATION. So, I went to NYAJ's website to see if, by some miracle of a chance, they opened a restaurant in CA. No such luck- and even worse, THERE IS NO MORE STEAK AND CHEESE PIZZA! Its a good thing we left because the week that we went and found that out would have pushed us over the edge. I think they got rid of it because we weren't eating it on a weekly basis. I guess we don't even have that to dream about any more.

No comments: