Wednesday, August 12, 2009

'wichcraft cafe

After many seasons of Top Chef, I finally made it to one of head judge Tom Coliccio's restaurants- 'wichcraft in downtown San Francisco. I was in the Union Square area for 3 full days for national sociology conferences so I tried it our with a few colleagues. I know its weird that for a place that specializes in sandwiches, I didn't have one for the main course- I had soup instead- because I wanted to focus on dessert: the ice cream 'wich. They have several flavors- I tried the oatmeal cookie with peach ice cream- and it was incredible! It was like a cold version of a peach crisp- the peach ice cream was rich and decadent with chunks of fresh peaches. He is definitely a "top chef" for this :-) They have several other flavors available and so I definitely need to try them again, and maybe one of the sandwiches too- maybe by sharing it with someone so that I can focus on my favorite part.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I cannot tell you how much your dessert obsession cracks me up! You are a true lover of all things "classy sugar" (I just made up that phrase. I must say, I am pretty proud of it.). :) Just one more thing to absolutely love about you!