Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I had a huge desire for pizzookie on Saturday but William was sick and so there was no way that we were going out to BJ's to get some so I decided to make my own. However, all of the recipes were to feed many people- not just two- so I decided to make cookies bars so that the leftovers would be cooked. I made a batch using this recipe from a blog and I took out part of the cookies early so that I could have the half-baked goodness. This recipe was good- but I still am searching for the best one, the one that tastes like the Mrs. Fields giant cookies they sell. If anyone has any great bar cookie recipes, send them my way!

I modified the recipe on the website taking out the cinnamon and halving it.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars- adapted from Dozen Flours

1 cups butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt (I accidentally put in 1 tsp and it was too much)
2 cups milk chocolate chips

Preheat the over to 375F. Grease and flour in a 13x9 pan.

Combine all the chocolate chip and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour and a shake to coat (so that they all don't sink to the bottom).

I have NO idea on how long it took- I took it out at 15 mins to have the pizzookie and then checked it every 5 mins (I took it out too early and it was SUPER doughy) but I think it was about 25 mins.

1 comment:

Petertammenson said...

Pizzookie!! Is that a common phrase? I love it! When I was a girl, my sisters and I would make the dough and put it in a pan and cut it into triangles - we just used a regular recipe and spread it into the pan.