Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Convenience, To the Extreme

So, on my flight back to San Francisco, I saw this vending machine in the Salt Lake Airport. I don't know if you can see it very well but you can buy HOT sandwiches, pizzas, and chicken all "fresh" from a vending machine. I don't know whose definition of "fresh" this is, but it isn't mine. But, I guess if you are hungry for a hot meal and have $4 to spare, it can be yours at the push of a button.

I mean, to me, the Automat concept that they now have in NYC makes more sense to me because it is actually attached to a restaurant where they make the food so it is somewhat more "fresh". I still haven't actually seen the Automat in NYC- that will have to be for my next visit.

1 comment:

Meeshy McMeesherson said...

Agreed...what in the heck type of definition of fresh is that? Has said chicken been in the machine for say...one day? or is it like most vending machines where it's been in there collecting dust for the last month...yikes!