Wednesday, October 10, 2007

FUN FRIDAY!

Last Friday was such a FUN day- and for the WHOLE day too.

In the afternoon, I went with my cute pregnant friend Dyan Johnson, to the FREE San Francisco Symphony outdoor performance. We actually managed to find our way to downtown San Jose, and- and even more amazing feat- were able to find meter parking, which turned out to be FREE since the meter was out of order. (A note on the parking meters in downtown San Jose- we found several of them- streets worth- that had a maximum limit of 12 minutes. I can understand one or two but truly, who does something downtown for only 12 minutes. This is more ridiculous than Boston). We were able to get close seats to the symphony and enjoyed an incredible FREE 50 minute performance. Here's some photos of the symphony. (I apologize for these- the sun is really quite blinding and you can hardly see anything- just more evidence that I need to take a photography class).

They opened with Aaron Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man", a very appropriate way to begin this free concert to the commoners of the bay area.

Here's the rest of their program- and I really did enjoy every piece that they played
- John Adams "Short Ride in a Fast Machine"
- Prokofiev- Suite from Romeo and Juliet
- Gershwin- "Cuban Overture"- which was such a fun one to end on.

And I was so happy that Dyan was there to enjoy it with me- and we decided that we are going to take our husbands to another concert sometime.

Then, that night, I had the opportunity to attend Clara Barr's 3 year old birthday party at The Jungle. Clara made a special request that I come, so I couldn't disappoint her. It truly was FUN times. For those who don't know, The Jungle is a San Jose thing, a mix between Jungle Jim's Playland in Utah and Chuck E Cheese. They have the play area and then game/token area.

Clara LOVED the balls. She kept going back to them, and back to them, and her sweet dad Adam was kind enough to indulge this birthday wish. Here are several photos of Clara and her daddy in the sea of plastic balls and one with her cousin Lexy.

Adam and Lexy were able to convince her to go once through the rest of the play stuff- but only once. Here she is climbing up to the top

Clara was just so excited about her birthday and especially the ZEBRA bank that she won- just check out that adorable face
And Clara also got to enjoy her favorite food- PIZZA- with her cute mom Lianne- as you can see, Clara really LOVED that pizza!
The fun didn't end there. I taught Clara how to play my favorite game, Skee Ball, but she decided that she liked her own twist better of actually running up to the net and back for the balls.
Oh, but lest you think that this is only a place "just for kids", there are also things to be had for the "kids at heart"- aka me and William.

Here I am playing my favorite- SKEE BALL

Here William and I are having dual races on motorcycles- William definitely was the better rider.

Just in case these games weren't your style, DON'T WORRY. They have WIRELESS INTERNET- and we saw one dad who was very grateful to have it

What a FUN birthday party- and the most fun was being with the birthday girl Clara.

Phew! Sounds like a fun busy day, huh . . . . well, the fun didn't end there. Also in the shopping center near the Jungle, there was also a HALLOWEEN COSTUME Shop- so William and I definitely had to stop by. Here's my personal favorite of William the Warrior. YEA! My knight in shining armor ALREADY rescued me!!! Isn't he handsome :-) Here are some of the funny costumes we saw- it definitely would take a UNIQUE person to wear these . . . . . .

We were able to have ALL of this fun, and we didn't even have to sign a waiver like we would have if we had stopped at Pumpkin Patch to ride the giant WAVE OF FIRE ( a big inflatable slide). Boy, some activities have sure changed since I was a kid!

No comments: