Thursday, January 7, 2010

The 39 Steps

To keep myself entertained during the week William was out of town, I also went and saw up in San Francisco the Broadway touring production of "The 39 Steps" by Alfred Hitchcock. I have never seen the movie but I want to see it now because of this play. The play was HILARIOUS. It was very well acted as there were only 4 actors who rotated throughout all of the different roles. They also did a fabulous job of acting out movements like riding on a train (continually bouncing up and down, and back and forth) as well as incorporating references to Alfred Hitchcock (his silhouette was in the show as well as Vertigo, Rear Window, and Psycho- among other of his films). It was just a hilarious and brilliantly acted play that I would definitely recommend that everyone go and see. I wouldn't mind seeing it again since there were so many inside jokes and subtle humor.

No comments: