Friday, September 21, 2007

2 Stories

Here are two interesting stories that happened to me last week-

1. I babysat for the adorable 3 year old- Clara Lianne Barr. You can check her out on the cleverly titled blog- "Raising the BARR" at adamliannebarr.blogspot.com. We played outside and she really enjoys having pretend picnics. She'll pick up rocks, leaves, sticks and label them as a food item as we sit down on the sidewalk and pretend to eat. Well, she picked up a rock and said that it was "salmon"- "mmm- yummy" was her response. I was flabbergasted- I was such a picky eater up until I was in high school (or later) much to the sadness of my parents. I truly think that my taste buds were more sensitive because when I would literally gag when I ate a lot of things- particularly vegetables (I still do that with canned green beans- couldn't get over that one). Anyways, I knew that the salmon was because of her amazing mother Lianne- and when Lianne returned home, she informed me that Clara LOVES both smoked and cooked salmon. All I have to say is that Lianne is one incredible mother and that she needs to publish a book for others to follow.

2. Later that same day, William and I went to a Chinese restaurant in Mountain View- which will remain nameless. Their sweet and sour chicken was a unique hot pink color, which made it not appetizing at all to me (see- I still have some of the picky eater in me :-) I told William after that we are never going to another restaurant again without the recommendation/endorsement from a TRUSTED source because there is nothing worse than wasting calories on gross or even just ok food. I think that is a bigger tragedy than even the loss of money. ANYWAYS, the point of this story is that they were playing CHRISTMAS music nonstop- Rudolph, White Christmas. Remind you, it is still September so Christmas is 3 months away.

Random, I know, but that was my Saturday!

2 comments:

Lianne Barr said...

Cheryl! You are so wonderful to, not only watch Clara for me, but to enjoy and love her too. Thank you my friend.

Brekke said...

That is one of my biggest pet peeves - Christmas music or lights before or after December.