Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Golfland

There is a family in our church who owns Golfland- this miniature golf and arcade. William and I went there once for Family Home Evening (FHE), a night specially designated for us to be together. It is great because they also had family night at Golfland so William and I both got in for half price.


I am definitely not the best mini golfer, but I am proud to say that I got 2 hole in one's!!! William did out perform me- he beat me by 5 strokes- but he didn't get a hole in one. Well, unless you count their "19th hole". Yes, generally most mini-golf is 18 holes, but this had a special 19th hole to return your ball, but if you hit this target just right and set off a siren, you would win a free game. I didn't set off the siren, but William did! So we will definitely be going back another time to play the other course that they have . . . probably on another Monday night :-)

We also played a few games at the arcade- we played Mario Kart, one of my favorites, and I am happy to report that I took 1st place! I beat my husband, the video game king!!!! I do have to celebrate about this because he beats me at every other video game we've played together. We also played skeeball. This is one of my most favorite games- we tied our first round and then I won the next one. Speaking of skeeball, there was actually a hole on the course that was like a giant skeeball-

There was a line after this hole so William and I kept playing until finally, William was able to hit it into the center hole. Too bad it didn't count. He also tried playing 2 balls at the same time, but that didn't really work either.
The only tragedy of the night was that there was a split hole, with one part at the top and the rest at a lower level and we didn't know this and so I hit my ball before the other group was done . . . and then my ball was gone when I went back to get it! We looked everywhere- hit William's down all the paths to see if it was stuck, went and looked in the surrounding grass- but it was gone. Probably my payback for playing before they were done. But, fortunately I did get another one so that I didn't have to keep borrowing William's.

No comments: