Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dancing Sisters

So, both of my sisters Cynthia and Sarah are INCREDIBLE dancers- both in their own unique style. And I have had the opportunity over the past month to view in person the amazing dancing capabilities of both of them.

First, Cynthia had a West Coast Swing dance competition in San Jose, just a short 20 minute drive away from where we now live in Mountain View. William and I were able to watch her perform over a two day period and had the pleasure of watching her take 3rd place overall in the novice division. Here are some photos of her dancing-

My sister Sarah is a dance education major at BYU and so dance truly is her life. And even when she goes to appreciate others dancing, she never passes up and opportunity to share her amazing talent. My mom, Sarah and I all went to see Sarah . . . . , a modern dancer. She did her own show, having only a few numbers with other people in it. She has a fluidity of motion that is incredible- Sarah said it is true "organic movement" providing the much more eloquent description than mine. At the end of the show, one of the pieces involved individuals from the audience coming up and dancing- and Sarah went up! Here are some photos of her in a spontaneous dance event- and of course she looks great!

My sisters truly are the talented ones with dance. Back in the day, and for a good portion of my life, I was a clogger, but my sisters definitely help to elevate dance to true art form level. I'm so proud of both of you!!!

No comments: