Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crazy Leslie

So, my best friend Leslie Layman is truly so amazing- we were freshman year roommates at BYU living in Deseret Towers, U Hall, the 2nd floor (I loved to call it 'U-2'- after my fave band . . . and I didn't have to pay extra money for it). We have been best friends ever since- BFF (Best Friend Forever) and will be forever. Anyways, back to our freshman year. My good friend that I have known my whole life- Matthew Sjoblom (you can check out the adventures of his family on his blog) was also at BYU and got to know Leslie and gave her the special nickname of "Crazy Leslie". And I must say that there are times that his characterization is true. Here is the most recent example from my FUN, FUN visit here to Utah.

Yes, that is Leslie fly fishing along with this statue in the Wells Fargo Building in Salt Lake. Check out that incredible form she has!

And here is Leslie on stage providing the sound effects to this performance of an Olympic Luge run at the comedy improvisation show entitled "Laughing Stock" at the Off Broadway Theater in SLC on Friday night. You can check out part of her amazing performance on this You Tube video. (And I apologize in advance that you can hear my laughing throughout most of it- sorry Les if it distracts the true beauty of your performance!)


She even received a FREE pass to return to the theater for such an incredible performance.

But, as I am now beginning to see, it is not just that Leslie herself is "Crazy", but rather it is just enhanced by the people she is with. See, what the photos don't show is that her fiance Ben Evans suggested her posing like a fly fisherman AND also was the one who kindly volunteered her at the show. Thus, it seems to me that Ben himself is also crazy and that Leslie is perfect for him because she actually has the guts to carry it out. Here is some pictorial evidence of Ben's individual craziness.
Ben's is the decorator of the pumpkin on your RIGHT- the REDHEADED step child- as he titles it. Ben's crazy in that he is pretty non-traditional in his pumpkin making. Instead of just doing triangle eyes, he put in actual pupils and other features that look very human like, rather than the typical Halloween pumpkin on his left.

Thus, I feel that Ben does have enough craziness to marry my darling Leslie and will continue to help make her life exciting and not like everyone else. This type of craziness is what I LOVE and ADORE about my Leslie and am so happy for both of them!

No comments: