Wednesday, September 26, 2007

3x5

John Mayer has this song that I love called "3x5" where he notes "Today I finally overcame, trying to fit the world inside a picture frame". Well, I'm not quite to that point yet- I still try to take pictures of things, even though it can never fully capture the moment- usually you have to "see it with your own eyes" (again, John Mayer- what a poet). And these are definitely not my best work of photography- especially since they were taken from a moving car. But it did catch a fleeting moment where I saw this beautiful sunset which "brought me back to life" (thank-you John Mayer!) helping me to realize that there are beauties ALL around me- whether I am in Boston, the Bay area, or Utah. What a spectacular sunset over the mountains, which still just awe and inspire me even after so many years.
So, while I am sure that many of you wish that I didn't post these not-so-great photos and maybe have followed John Mayer's advice of not having "a camera by my side" to "see the world through both my eyes" instead of these , I am glad that I took them to remind me to see the beauty in every place I'm at. Thus, I will continue to take my photos- maybe not 3x5's, but in 4x6's.

No comments: