Monday, April 7, 2008

LA Food

There are a few places that I love to eat at when I am in LA. #1- GRAND LUX CAFE. This is a satellite brand of Cheesecake Factory and there aren't very many- there's one in Beverly Center in LA and Las Vegas but sadly, the one in Las Vegas doesn't have the full menu selection. The BEST thing they have are these New Orleans BEINGETS. They are served hot and fresh and come with 3 dipping sauces. They are so good. I even thought about going a 2nd time on my 3 day trip. We also got their pizzas- which were delicious. The Thai Chicken and their Fresh Mozzarella were super tasty.
#2 Diddy Riese. Its a place where you can design your own ice cream sandwiches. They have 6 different kinds of cookies and 6 different kinds of ice cream and they will custom make an ice cream sandwich for you. Mine I had 1 side white chocolate chip and 1 side M&M and then cookie dough ice cream. And it is CHEAP- $1.50 for a big ice cream sandwich. I don't know why there aren't more of these places around- such a great idea.
#3 El Torito Grill. I have been to El Torito Mexican restaurant many times, but not to the grill and I like the grill better. The food is really fresh and light and they bring you HOT tortillas and honey butter for your appetizer.

We also went to BJs for some deep dish pizza, but they have that near where I live so I'm not putting it in the official count. As my mom says, some of her happiest memories are associated with food and I have to agree! Thanks for the great recommendations Cynth!

1 comment:

cb said...

Thanks for all the great food posts, Cher! We have a Grand Luxe in Chicago and now I know what to order when I go!