Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The New Mothers Group and Me

One of the Enrichment groups we have for our ward is called the "New Mothers" group for women who have one or more little infants. Many of these women are my dear friends are in this group so they are super nice and let me come even though I'm not (and no where near) being close to being a new mother.

Funny story about this is that one of my friends, Rachel, had told me that she is pregnant with her 2nd child and wanted to surprise everyone at Mothers Group. So, she let me in on her secret and we played this game where you write down something on a piece of paper that is true about you (eg. I rode a camel in Morocco) and then you write down your name and the names of 2 other people in the room. And then everyone has to tell a story about that, even if you have to make it up. Well, Rachel wrote her name, my name, and another woman's for her "I'm pregnant" and it worked SO WELL. I said "I'm pregnant- why else would I be here at new mother's group" and everyone believed me. It was so funny because they all thought it was me so it added to the joy of Rachel's announcement.

ANYWAYS, it is always good times with the new mothers group and me- especially because I get to play with such adorable babies!

This shot reminds me of one of the Anne Geddes- little Armanie is SO precious
And then, there's my favorite- Tyler. I love this guy. He is SO CUTE and sweet- he always has this big smile when he sees me- even if he is several rows up in church. And I even got to hold him last week while we walked home from lunch.
Dyan, Rachel, and I like to go out to lunch to get ourselves out of the house- it is so great because while they are at home all day with their babies, I'm at home all day in front of my laptop. So its great to get out. Here we are at Chili's celebrating Dyan's birthday- and here is her sweet Nora. She is such a sweetheart- and her mommy dresses her in the cutest outfits.

One time for New Mother's Group we went on a "hike". The nice thing about this is that it is a stroller friendly hike- but this one was more like a nice walk around a lake. It was perfect though to get out and then have a little picnic.

Here's Nora and Tyler in Dyan's amazing jogging and bike stroller for 2 kids. I LOVE Nora's hat- she just needs to grow into it a little bit.
Here's the lake that we walked around- we definitely need to get out and do this more often. It was so beautiful
Here we are, hiking away.
And finally, here's Leah. She is one smart little girl- she can even say "I Love You" in sign language. Yet, she is still working on the crawling or walking thing- she literally just sits and doesn't move. It is so nice because you don't worry about where she will go. But, she's super smart and can do all of these cool tricks.

Thanks to the New Mother's Group for embracing me into their circle! I love being able to socialize with you and your cute kids!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hi Cheryl. This is Melissa Krueger (remember me from Boston). I just started blogging recently and have been randomly looking for old friends. I am happy to see you are doing well.

Brekke said...

It's so nice that a group of mothers is so accepting of you and your child "Lappy". Just be careful, being around all those babies may just get the better of you.

CS said...

this would make me baby crazy! how do you do it cher?! :)