Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Red Sox Even in CA


I have written before about my love for the Boston Red Sox last year and I am happy to admit that I can even attend some of their games while living here in CA. William's friend has season tickets to the Oakland A's and they had a Wed. afternoon game against the Sox and since few people have such a flex ible schedule, I was able to go. I was SO EXCITED about this and then it nearly didn't happen because that morning, the base of our toilet cracked and water came spilling out all over the floor. Of all the days. I'm generally home most days but one of the few days I have something major planned. Fortunately, our apartment complex has a great maintenance guy and he was over within 5 minutes of my calling and he finished it 15 minutes after I should have left. But, fortunately for us, traffic was in our favor so we made it for the first pitch.

This was my first time ta king BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and it was super convenient to drive to the park n ride but hard to find a space in the middle of the day. We had to follow someone out of their space. BART was great because it literally took us straight to the stadium and it was very convenient.

It was dollar dog day at the stadium and they had a limit of 10 that you could get in one purchase. I got a large soda in a souvineer cup that has the schedule on it and the cutest older gentleman was filling it up for me. He was so careful and precise to make sure that I had just the right amount of ice and that I got the maximum amount of soda. He kept pouring out the foam and waiting for it to settle. It just made me smile to think about how seriously he did his job.

Our seats were GREAT- just off of left field on the lower level and just under the overhead awning so that the sun wasn't in our eyes. It had threatened rain but didn't the whole time we were at the park. It wa s a great day for baseball- especially for the Red Sox.

I was slightly concerned that being a Red Sox fan, I would be completely outnumbered since William's friend is an A's fan, but fortunately, there were some other Red Sox fans right near us and a fair amount in the rest of the stadium.

And the Red Sox played AWESOME. They beat the A's 5 to 0. I so happy that I can still see my Red Sox even when I am here in CA and am looking forward to the rest of the season!

2 comments:

CS said...

yay Cher! Way to represent us Sox fans!!! :) they of course won because you went.

Matt Sjoblom said...

Jealous!