Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Brief Crafting Period

With William gone, to take a break from studies in the evenings, I have been undertaking a brief crafting period. And I probably won't be starting any more for awhile because it has taken a lot of information.

I collected stickers throughout my growing up, and I still have a whole box of them- many of them really cute. So, I decided to put them to good use and make some cards.
Awhile ago at mother's group, we started making these paper quiet/activity folders and I never finished mine. We had 3 different ones
ABC's Alphabet
Garden
Prophets of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I had thought that this was going to be an easy project, but it actually took a lot more effort than I had anticipated. I colored the projects, labeled them, and then had to laminate them. It turns that it is super expensive to laminate at Kinko's- ($2 a page) and I found this out after doing 3 pages. I was going to have them do the 3 folders but since they are an odd size, it would have been $6 each. Fortunately, I found that out before having them done. I then tried these self-laminate pages that work ok, but not the best. It was fairly difficult to get everything to line up correctly. Then, I got these velcro pieces from Walmart and they are adhesive, and stick ok, but if you pull too hard, they come off. I'm not sure how well they will hold up for real use, but at least they look cute :-) I think though that after this, my crafting stint will end for awhile...again.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hey Cheryl, it sounds like you are keeping busy while William is away. Those cards are cute. It is always fun to give a homemade card to someone.

Lianne Barr said...

Hi Cher! It is a lot less expecsive to laminate at a store called Lakeshore Learning Company. Only .29 a square foot!! I know there is one in San Jose, there may be one a little closer! Those are really cute!