Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kiddie Halloween Trick-or-Treat

My special group of moms (and me) got together for a little mini trick-or-treating halloween party with the kids (and for us to get some of the goodies too :-)

Here are a few of them- Tori, Tyler, and Sarah- taking their buckets around. Some of them had an easier idea with the concept than others.
But they all were TOO ADORABLE! I have photos of a few of them- I sadly don't have all of them because my camera battery was running low ;-( I know though that some of the other moms have some that they will share :-)

The most popular costume was that of lady bug- we had 3. Here's Sydney
Tori the Pink Poodle
Tinkerbell (aka Livia)
Arggh Pirate Tyler- complete with hat (though not pictured here)
Hot Chick Leah
Spider Austin and Duck Duck Nora
Some of the not featured costumes include an Ewok, Tootsie Roll, and 2 more lady bugs. Yeah, my "dressing up" consisted of me wearing my Salem MA black shirt with a witch silhouette on it (hey, it was "special" in that I don't wear it every day)

And check out these adorable coffins! (seems like an oxymoron doesn't it ;-) And there's some candy inside
Kristen MADE these herself! I am super impressed- she said that she got the directions off the Martha Stewart website and so I found the link to them

I think that Caramel Popcorn is so very Halloween and so that was my contribution, the recipe courtesy of my mother-in-law.

Caramel Popcorn (from my sweet mother-in-law- Lynne)

1/4 c. margarine
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white corn syrup
Bring these 3 three ingredients to boil, then stir in
1/2 can Eagle Brand Milk
cook these to softball stage, remove from heat and add
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4/ tsp. baking soda
Pour over popped popcorn (I used 2 microwave bags)

William and I will be going to the scaled back Google Halloween party (given the economic situation) so more fun is to come!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Hi Cheryl,

I know I never comment on here, but I had to this time! :) I love the little coffins. Every year I do a fun Halloween dinner for my family and try to come up with something new and different. These will be PERFECT!!! Thank you so much! Looks like you guys are still having a great time. Keep posting--I love your adventures!