Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Van Gogh and the Colors of the Night

I absolutely ADORE Vincent Van Gogh. He is truly my favorite artist of all time. I made a pilgrimage to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam back in the summer of 2006.
Here I am after the fabulous experience, complete with my books, posters and other items following visiting the museum.
It really was such an amazing experience for me to see the pictures with my own eyes because part of the beauty of his work is seeing the his thick brushstrokes that evoke emotion and feeling.

That being said, I was ecstatic to learn that there is currently an exhibit on Van Gogh at the Museum of Modern Art. Its is entitled "Van Gogh and the Colors of the Night" and it is showing until January 5th. I so wanted to go and visit this exhibit in person, but given the current economic situation, it didn't seem worth the expense to see it in person. BUT, the MOMA has done an AMAZING thing and placed the exhibit ONLINE. They even have corresponding excepts from letters written by Van Gogh about the artworks AND audio tour exerpts to listen to. I have already seen both Starry Starry Nights in person and a few other works in the exhibition so it made me feel better that I have an idea of what was shown in this particular theme.

2 comments:

Katy and Mike said...

Hi Cheryl,

Keep up the great work on your blog! We love keeping up on all your adventures. I wanted to let you know that I've finally started our blog so check it out at www.mikeandkaty.blogspot.com

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/11-manfaat-buah-pir