Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Conclusion of William's Trip to London

William has been back now for over a week from his business trip to London and I have to say that I am SO GLAD that he is home! I missed him way too much. It was pretty pathetic because I would talk with him on Skype at like 1 pm and then I would stay awake until he would get to work the next morning his time (or 2-3 am my time) just to be able to talk with him again. I'm just that attached to the man :-)

As I noted earlier, William did spend part of Sunday sightseeing, but he wasn't able to do any more until Friday evening. He was SO BUSY this trip- he worked even harder than he does when he is back home. He put in a full day in London with meetings and then had several more afterwards with people back in Mtn View. So he was usually up until 2 or 3 am his time working. He has gotten a break since he came back home- relatively speaking :-)

William and I are truly so perfect for each other because when we travel, we always tend to pack things in. He went sightseeing on Friday night from 8 pm until midnight where he LITERALLY walked all of London- complete with the blisters to prove it. Check out the list of sites that he saw (well, at least the outsides since it was so late)
  • Victoria Station
  • Buckingham Palace
  • Queen's Walk
  • Green Park
  • Royal Academy
  • Piccadilly Circus
  • Leicester Square
  • National Portrait Gallery
  • National Gallery
  • Nelson's Column
  • Admiralty Arch
  • Charing Cross
  • Embankment
  • Hungerford Bridge
  • Royal Festival Hall
  • London Eye
  • Westminister Bridge
  • Big Ben
  • Westminister Hall
  • Westminister Abbey
  • Westminister Cathedral
  • and back to Victoria Station
Yes, he walked ALL OF THAT in ONE NIGHT! I was shocked because it took me several months of living in London before I visited all of those sites. And my ambitious, pack-it-all-in husband managed to see it all in one night. I would have to say that he completely made the most out of his trip to London- both in terms of work and seeing the city.

1 comment:

Baldersons said...

Wow, thats an impressive collection of places to see especially in one night!