Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Friendly Face from Boston!

My dear friend from Boston, Lisa, came out for a visit to San Francisco and I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with her. I realized that as I was driving back to Mountain View, we never got a photo together this trip. But no worries- I have one from when we were in Boston attending the Antje Dukot concert (a fabulous local artist).

William warned me that the traffic going up to SF would be horrible, but I left at 9 am and missed all of the traffic. And I managed to pick Lisa up in Presidio and not get lost. We went to
the De Young Museum of Art in Golden Gate Park. We got in for free since I was given a year membership as a wedding gift from my friend Erin Prestwich. We talked as we walked around and saw some interesting exhibits, the coolest being a portrait of George Washington made entirely out of his face from the dollar bill. The Museum has an observation tower so here are some views of SF and the Golden Gate Park.

Here's a photo of the tower from the outside.
Lisa then requested that we go to her favorite Nordstroms in Downtown SF- and its 4 complete floors of a mall. She even said that she would pay for parking- which ended up being only $2.50! We found a parking garage nearby which was only $2.50 for the first hour, which is pretty competitive with parking meters, and much easier to find. She even showed me this adorable red jacket that I ended up buying- and fortunately it was on sale. And Lisa was so excited to get a Jamba Juice at the mall- and was kind of jealous when I told her there was one right up the street from our place in Mountain View.

All in all, it was such a fun visit to catch up with this dear friend who brought news about all of the Boston happenings. Thanks for spending part of your time with me Lis!

1 comment:

lisa midge said...

HA! I realize too that we never did get a picture together. This happened to be a common occurance on my trip. Thanks for coming up to see me! It was great to spend time with you. :)