Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Leaf Peeping

So, after having lived in New England for 5 years, I have now adopted the term "leaf peeping" into my vocabulary. What exactly is leaf peeping? It's taking time to view and see all of the beautiful fall leaves changing colors. They call it "peeping" because sometimes the leaf colors just "pop" out- or so that's what I was told.

Obviously, I'm not in New England this year, but I was still able to enjoy some quality leaf peeping in BOTH Utah and California.

Here are some of the beautiful fall leaves from my neighborhood in Salt Lake City, Utah. Notice that the most vibrant color that caught my eye was YELLOW.

I thought that this was so picturesque with the cute bench it it.

I love the 3 colors that appear on this one tree

And I did not stage this photo- it was in front of one of the neighbors and I'm sure their kids assembled it. It just looked so cute I couldn't resist.

And these are from the Google Campus in California. William kept telling me how gorgeous they were so I came over for lunch one day and stayed to take photos. Notice just how beautiful are the RED leaves.


My only other thoughts about leaves are that I love to walk around and kick them up, to hear the crunch under my feet. I also love to see them falling from the trees. However, continually having to rake leaves is not my favorite so I am so happy that we live in a studio apartment. I do enjoy the Mountain View Method of gathering leaves. You get one of the big backpack leaf blowers and blow all of the leaves into the street. I haven't stayed long enough to observe, but it doesn't appear to me that they pick them up. They could though, I just have yet to see it. Definitely the easy way to go when it comes to leaf raking.

No comments: