Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

We had a pumpkin carving party with some friends from our church who live nearby- Rachel, Scott and Tyler McPhie, and Dyan and Lars Johnson. We began the evening with a yummy dinner of chili made by Rachel, cornbread by Dyan, and I did caramel apples. I actually dipped them myself- and was getting rave reviews from everyone. And SUPER easy- just get a bag of Brach's Milk Maid Caramels, melt them with 2 tbsp water and dip/coat the apples in them. They only give you 5 sticks and there is really only enough caramel for 5 apples- the 6th one looked pretty pathetic so I ate it.
Versus my pathetic one with no stick either

Here are some quality shots of us partaking in the o-so-sticky caramel goodness.

William in multiple stages of the eating process


Lars oh so proud of his big bite
And just look at both of them struggling to eat due to sticky caramel
And then here I am full-on getting messy since I didn't have a stick to hold my apple

Then it was time for PUMPKIN CARVING- hehehe. The masters hard at work

Scott and William

Dyan and Lars

And Rachel is the winner for getting the messiest and passionate about pumpkin carving

And here are the final products

William proudly holding our Pumpkin "Pi" (3.14)

Lars with his pumpkin
And here is Scott's with his pumpkin that has a toupee (it also is the nastiest insides of a pumpkin I have ever seen).

He didn't clean them out since it was so gross, but it makes a cool effect when lit up
And this photo is just neat of the burning heart of the pumpkin

(Side note on this pumpkin- they put it outside their apartment, and the next morning, seeds and pumpkin guts were strewn everywhere because the squirrels had climbed inside)

Pumpkins just look much cooler all lit up

Doesn't pi just look so foreboding with that light on it- don't try to mess with me- I have an infinite amount of decimal points behind me!


Lar's glowing grin

Dyan wins the award for most artistic


And Rachel's just looks so happy- like she is
Here they all are together

and then with their creators.

Overall, it was a jack of a good time carving these lanterns!

No comments: