Sunday, November 4, 2007

Googlish Delights

So William and I spent our Halloween attending the Google Halloween Party. I have set such high expectations that I was a little disappointed that it mostly consisted of presenting people's costumes. But, it was still fun to see everyone dressed up- and of course the free food.

Costume wise, it would be nearly impossible to beat last years couple costume- here we are as the angel and the devil (William always says note the irony)

but I think that this years was quite appropriate, being the "death" of our singlehood and the beginning of each of us having a "ball and chain". Here's William with his ball and chain (I love the giant washcloth in the back)

and me with my ball and chain. As you can see, they did some live pumpkin carving of these giant pumpkins.


Here were some of the creative winners of the Google Pumpkin Carving Contest

The Pumpkin Totem- I don't know how they got those to all stand up together
The Scary Blue-eyed pumpkin
The Pumpkin of Distinguished Tastes
And The Oozer
Besides these pumpkins, they also had another candy bar so William and I felt like we were going trick or treating, selecting all of the different gummy and chocolate candies- they even had the giant gummy tarantulas I have always wanted to try but never wanted to pay for. Here's me with all of OUR booty- (not just mine but William's too). And we took most of it home
They also had soft pretzels, rice krispie treats, nachos, popcorn, and sodas. There were also Zombie stations where you could get your face painted to look like a scary zombie- one even had the sutures over his mouth! I don't like being caked in that kind of make-up so we didn't try it.

The main part of the party was the Costume Contests. They had an individual, group, and dog categories. Here are my personal favorites from each- the lava lamp (a guy inside a giant foam costume), the "Miss" women (aka. Miss Demeanor, Miss Judged, Miss Understood, etc), and here is a photo of my favorite dog- I couldn't get close enough, but he is a little cowboy, complete with some fake arms in front.

So cute. William told me that the workers at Google are allowed to bring their dogs- not just for like assistance, but they can just come. But yet, you can't bring your kids. It definitely is a unique working environment in case you haven't been able to tell.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

anna completely enjoyed this post. so many exciting pictures. lots of "whoah, what's THAT?" you guys really know how to celebrate holidays!