Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shake Shack

I had heard many great things about the Shake Shack and it lived up to the expectations. We went to the location in Times Square on Saturday for lunch after checking into Hotel Edison (it is very art deco aka older but it is still nice and the location in Times Square cannot be beat- along with the price. Many thanks to my sister for the suggestion). We lucked out and got a table quickly, probably because we beat the lunch rush at 11:30. The burger was delicious- the beef was very well seasoned and I particularly liked the "shake shack sauce" (kind of a thousand island type). The fries with cheddar were good and the custard vanilla shake was good (though it was a little too runny- I prefer my shakes thick like at Neilsen's Frozen Custard). William got the peanut butter salted hot chocolate and it was good- very rich though so my vanilla custard helped us to drink the whole thing. And it is quite reasonably priced- especially for NYC.

No comments: