Tuesday, February 8, 2011

South Street Seaport TKTS Booth

I have used the Times Square TKTS Booth many times and it works fine, but I have now found an EVEN BETTER option. With a little bit of research, I discovered that there is ANOTHER TKTS booth in Manhattan- the South Street Seaport. I'm a huge fan of this as they begin selling tickets for evening performances at 11 am and then the day before a matinee, you can buy tickets for that as well!! I arrived at the booth at 10:50 am and I was only about 15th in line so I was able to buy 1 ticket for the Friday night Mary Poppins and then 2 tickets for the Addams Family Saturday matinee. I was completely done by 11:10 am. Amazing. I felt like it was definitely worth the extra subway trip.

And, I was able to explore the surrounding area which I have not done before. Here is one of the ships associated with the South Street Seaport Museum (I didn't attend it but just walked around)

and then the Brooklyn Bridge. On all of my NYC trips, I have never seen the Brooklyn Bridge. It was pretty windy and cold so I didn't walk across it but at least I can now say that I have seen it :-)



No comments: