Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 4: My Favorite Book

My favorite book of all time is definitely the Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo. It really is such a powerful book that teaches so many interesting truths about navigating your way through life and how to follow your dreams. I should actually re-read it sometime because it has been years since I last read it and I have forgotten many of the smaller details of the book.

One book that has recently profoundly affected how I view myself and the world is the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. This book chronicles how she spent a year evaluating her life and trying to make it happier on all accounts. With what she did with her spare time, including not putting off things to "do tomorrow," taking additional classes, and improving her relationships. I have especially been thinking about how I can put positive spins on the negative or things that don't-go-as-I-planned because I tend to blow some things out of proportion. And what the book illustrated is that how I respond to events determines the responses of others and can set the tone for the rest of your day. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

mj said...

i listened to it on my ipod while running! but...i let my mind wander, so i missed some crucial parts. guess i'll have to read it again. :)

jularun7 said...

check us out!! woot woot!