Thursday, May 8, 2008

Costco Run

I was so delighted when I received an email from my friend Rachel this morning saying that she was going to make a trip to Costco. I am a huge fan of Costco myself, although I am not a member- I do love going with others and getting the free samples and buying some of their yummy pizza. But, I was especially excited today because the past few days have literally just been me and Lappy ALL DAY. Poor William- I have been so starved for human contact that when he comes home from work, I follow him around the apartment everywhere just because I need someone around. Fortunately, Rachel and Dyan generally feel the same way and so we all get out of the house and have some social time together. We met Nicole and her daughter Tori at Costco and so it was 3 babies, 3 moms, and me :-) We all got pizza and a soda and actually were able to have a good time chatting since we ate first while the kids were still in good moods. Then, it was off around the store. It seems so funny but I have to walk up and down every isle just to make sure there isn't some great deal that I am missing. My favorite deal is the 5 lb bag of gummy bears for $5. YUMMY. Its probably a good thing I don't have a membership or else that would probably be most of my diet. I also got William some teriyaki turkey jerky and I was so excited because Rachel had brought her coupon book and there was a coupon for it. As I was checking out, I gave the coupon to the cashier and she says "This coupon isn't good until the 15th". BUMMER- I still got the jerky though because it is a much better deal still than the grocery store and I'm sure that I wouldn't be back by the 15th. So that was slightly embarrassing. But, even more embarrassing is that I spilled the rest of my soda- luckily only about 1/3rd of it- on the floor! Fortunately, they had paper towels at the checkout and there was one cashier and one assistant and so the assistant helped me clean up the mess. I felt so bad that she even had to help clean up my clumsy mess. Whoops. At least it wasn't the whole thing- that would have been disastrous. And good thing that they had the Costco sized paper towels right at the checkstand so that I could minimize the time my mess was on the ground. I tell you, it is such a good thing that I am not a waitress because I can't even handle my own drink let alone a platter of them. Ahhh- the good times of Costco and what's even better is that they last even longer when you get home since you have such a huge quantity. My favorite part was sharing a cart with Rachel and Tyler and having him laugh and smile at me every time I put something in the cart. He would be a great technique to increase sales since he is so cute. Thanks for helping me emerge from out behind my computer ladies!

2 comments:

Clint said...

I love your costco experience. It seems like trips to costco can become the highlight and biggest thing in a day. One very embarrassing moment at Costco was with Braden when he got sick an threw up in the aisle. Luckily I had a plastic bag in the diaper bag and I caught it all. But, kindof embarrassing the looks I got from fellow shoppers as they walked by. Hey, the kid was fine when I left the house! Love Costco!

mj said...

cheryl, we are long lost twins. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the gummy bears. by far the #1 item they carry. actually, i liked the brachs brand best from a few years ago...then they switched to black forest, which were a close 2nd. now they have trollies or something, which are good because they're still gummy bears, but nothing like the brachs were. mmm. i always have some in my cupboard and you are more than welcome to enjoy them with me...or give me a call when you run out and we will get you some. they are a costco MUST. so glad you had fun and were able to emerge from your endless abyss of lappy.