Sunday, May 4, 2008

May Movie Madness

It seems like they save up all of the good movies for the summer time and jam them all together rather than distributing them throughout the year. And May has been termed "Movie Madness" by me since there are so many good ones coming out- about 1 a week. This past weekend we saw Iron Man, which was much better than I had anticipated. I have always thought that Robert Downey Jr. was a great actor, but he does a superb job in this movie. And I love how they illustrate the process of becoming Iron Man- totally fascinating. And make sure to stay until the very end of the film after the credits.

Next week its Speed Racer- I never saw the old anime series, but William loved it and I think the trailers make it look somewhat surreal. The week after that is Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian which looks super good. And the weekend of the 23rd is Indiana Jones 4- which I am hoping will be good. I'm setting low standards for it so that I'm not disappointed. I love Sean Connery and am so sad he isn't in it and we are not fans of Shea LeBouf (or however you pronounce his name) so we'll see. It will be a busy month for us at the theaters- luckily, they are close to William's work so we can sneek in to the "bargain" matinees (still more expensive than we would like but at least somewhat more reasonable). We'll keep you posted on our reviews.

1 comment:

CS said...

i also saw iron man, i thought i would hate it. my coworkers dragged me, and i ended up leaving the theatre smiling and excited for a sequel. :)