Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day

Like I have said before, I have such a wonderful husband. Even though I am not yet (nor will be in the immediate future) a mother, William insisted that we have a 2 day celebration (both Sat and Sun.) since I am the mother of the family and future mother of our children. Of course I accepted because I would have been crazy to have turned down all of these wonderful gestures

On Saturday, we went to Speed Racer and then to Red Robin because I love their fries so much. Afterwards, we went to the mall where he bought me a pair of earrings from Claires (he wanted to buy me some nicer jewelry but we kept encountering these super pushy salespeople at the stores who literally sent us running), and several shirts from H&M that he approved of.

He also bought me a Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookie card
that opened up and said "Happy Mother's Day". I LOVE these cookie cakes better than the cookies because they are thicker, soft, and chewier.

If all of that wasn't enough, like I mentioned earlier, he also got me a Dairy Queen ice cream cake since I had been wanting one.
And look, even the little chocolates had smiley faces on them :-)
And then, our ward honored all of the mothers in several ways. For the 3rd hour, they found substitutes- dads or teenagers- (if needed) for their classes so that they could attend Relief Society (the women's meeting). We had a great brunch with muffins, fresh fruit, and juice that we got to eat during the lesson. And if that wasn't enough, they gave us each a See's chocolate truffle to take home and a cookie. I felt so overwhelmed by all of the kindness and generosity shown to me on this my first "mother's day".

1 comment:

Petertammenson said...

Faboulous, fabulous husband! And I LOVE the Red Robin fries - seriously, whenever we'd go, I'd eat mine and Luke's and then have more. Yum yum yum what a great memory - bummer about Boston is that they aren't so strong on the fry front.