Thursday, December 11, 2008

Australia: The Movie

My family has a tradition of going to a movie after Thanksgiving dinner. We have done this for years- I think we started going when I was about thirteen. We had a good crowd- about 12 of us who went- and the movie was Australia, with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. It seems to me like it was 2 movies in one. Both parts were ok- but didn't really fit all that well together. The cinematography was incredible- and Nicole had amazing outfits. All in ng all, the movie was ok- not the best, not the worst that I've seen. What was bad though was the theater- the sound kept cutting in and out throughout the whole movie, as well as being badly distorted. It was very distracting to the movie. My sister, Cynthia, being from LA, the land where cinema is taken VERY seriously, actually complained to the manager about it so that he could fix the problem before the next showing, and he actually gave everyone FREE passes. So I have to say that the movie was pretty good for being FREE. And we still have another movie that we can see.

No comments: